Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
Great Location, Flexibility and Various Payment Options
Our office is conveniently located next to the YMCA on South State Street. We are in the Khan OB/GYN Medical Building. We understand the need for flexibility in scheduling, therefore we provide Day, Evening and Saturday appointments. We accept various insurance plans, including Medicaid for individuals under the age of 21. Extended and Interest Free Financing Options are available (based on credit approval).
Beautiful and Comfortable Office
Our new state-of-the-art facility is equipped with beautifully constructed dental operatories, a world-class reception area with soft comfortable couches, a fire place, a refreshment bar with complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and water, plasma television and kids play area, and the latest technological advances in dentistry.
Focus on Patient Education
We strongly believe that utilizing the latest innovations in dentistry while educating our patients on the variety of dental procedures available is crucial to achieving optimal oral health! As you can see on our website, you may view multimedia presentations on the various dental procedures that we provide at our office. We provide that same level of education in our office. Our reception room, consultation room, and dental operatories are equipped with over 270 multimedia presentations on an extensive range of dental topics, including hygiene, restorative, esthetic and periodontal procedures. We even provide customized CD roms of the information so that you can review it on your home computer with your friends and loved ones! Overall, this educational tool is helpful because it can help you to quickly understand your treatment options so that you can make informed decisions.
Utilization of the Latest Innovations in Dentistry
Dentistry is advancing rapidly, bringing us new technologies that improve the quality of care we are able to provide. At Dover Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, our staff is devoted to exceeding your expectations by utilizing a variety of technological advances in dentistry, including:
- Virtually Pain-Free Anesthesia (The Wand): We are now using a new computerized device to deliver anesthesia. The STA (also known as the wand) is one of the latest innovations in dentistry! This device allows us to deliver anesthesia without a traditional needle! Instead, the anesthesia is injected into your gums using a wand. This process eliminates the need to use the traditional needle and therefore, eliminates the "bee sting" feeling or numbness that is usually associated with delivering the anesthetic. Patients have reported that the experience is virtually pain-free!
- Digital X-Rays: This utilizes 80% less radiation than traditional x-rays. This allows us instant imaging, thus reducing your time at the dental office.
- Intra Oral Camera: A small camera that is placed inside your mouth, giving us an up-close view for detecting damaged fillings and crowns, gum disease, and other problems.
- Tooth Colored Restorations: A cosmetic alternative to the traditional silver fillings.
- Soft Tissue Laser: This instrument uses energized light to precisely remove soft tissue; it can be used for whitening as well as for the treatment of a variety of periodontal issues.
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation: This is also known as laughing gas. This is a colorless gas that is safe and effective for decreasing anxiety during your appointment. This will help you to feel more relaxed during your treatment.
- ClearCorrecttm clear braces: This is one of the latest innovations in orthodontics! ClearCorrecttm clear braces are beneficial for individuals whose teeth require minor movement. This is a great alternative to traditional wire braces and is more cost effective!
Our Commitment to a Better Environment
We are deeply committed to contributing to a cleaner environment for all. We have put significant thought into the design and choice of equipment for our office to ensure that we are environmentally friendly and we use minimal environmental resources.
There are several steps we have taken as an indication of our committment.......
- Paperless Office: We use electronic record keeping for our patient files, thus eliminating the need for paper folders, charts, tabs, progress notes and so on. We use paper files only as needed, thereby reducing paper waste.
- Digital X-Rays: The use of digital radiographs not only reduces the amount of radiation required to capture an image, but it also eliminates the need for chemical agents to develop x-ray film. Further, by abandoning dental film, we have eliminated the need for the special disposal of the lead foil that comes with each x-ray film.
- Energy Efficient Lighting: We utilize energy efficient light bulbs throughout our office. Energy effcient light bulbs require less energy, thereby reducing CO2 emissions, sulfur oxide, and high levels of nuclear waste.
- Closed Circuit Water Lines: We use a "closed" system for our dental water lines and we only use distilled water. The use of distilled water versus city water in the dental chairs inhibits growth of the bio film (bacteria and fungi growing inside the tubing that is like mildew in a bathroom), thereby eliminating the need to use chemical detergents and harsh disinfectants.
- Cloth Reusable Towels in our Bathroom: Have you ever visited a spa, hotel, or similar establishment and felt pampered by the wonderful amenities that were provided? At Dover Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we are committed to pampering our patients! Our patient bathrooms are equipped with the option of using reusable cloth towels for drying your hands. By washing the towels in a special solution and reusing them, we are using less paper, and are thereby eliminating environmental wastes.
We Pamper YOU....and Your SMILE!
Overall, our goal is to provide superior dental care while creating a relaxing and comfortable environment for our patients. We are dedicated and committed to meeting all of your oral health needs to ensure your optimal oral health. Schedule your appointment today so that we can show you how we pamper YOU....and your SMILE!